Monday, January 28, 2008

Please Stop TALKING

I love our upstairs neighbor, but as of 3:41am last night, I kind of hate her, too. With a sore back and neck, I took a tylenol pm (advil pm is better, but doesn't come in vanilla flavored) and fell asleep around 11pm. Let me start off by saying that our upstairs neighbor has 4 cats. Four fun-loving, jump off the scratching post onto a mirror, racecar kittites. They are CRAZY, and I should know, as I've cat-sat them many times now. Despite the sounds of racing kitties, last night was seriously miserable.

Waking up at 3:3oam or so, I got up to go to the restroom. I crawled back into bed, still slightly drugged thanks to that tylenol, and all of a sudden heard our upstairs neighbor LAUGHING. At 3:30 in the morning. Not only was she laughing, but she was walking across her apartment very quickly, and she seemed to be having a conversation. Who is on the phone at (now it was) 3:45 in the morning?? Add to all that the fact that the television was blaring the whole night, and I attempted to fall back to sleep with my fingers in my ears. It was ineffectual, to say the least.

When I had to get out of bed this morning, I was angry and sleepy. The only time I've ever had someone else disrupt my sleep was years ago- when some neighbor down the street was blasting mariachi music. I get VERY cranky when someone disturbs my slumber, even more so when it seems to be caused by someone who is unable to sleep (EVER, we think she may be on drugs) but is doing very loud things as if she's the only person in the building.

She gave us a Christmas/Wedding gift not too long ago, and I have yet to write a thank you note. I will eventually send one out, but would it be wrong to thank her and also mention how much noise she makes at all hours of the night? Seriously, it was BAD last night.

No comments: