Thursday, April 3, 2008


Do you ever have those days where everything is just wrong? Timing is bad, you're tired, your head aches, things like that? Yesterday I had one of "those" days. It started off badly- my sex-addict neighbor and her slacker BF were up at 4:30 having loud squeaky sex... and then again at 5:30. Seriously? What is going ON up there? PLEASE, for the sake of the economy (but more so my sanity) get a job, buddy.

Then, when I was finally out of bed, I realized I had a pounding headache in my right temple. There really is nothing worse than waking up with a headache. I got myself all together and we left for work (and a bagel first). At the bagel place, Paul and I discussed Disneyland on the 18th of April, as we were planning on going, but found out it was a blackout day and we'd have to pay an extra 60 dollars or so for the two of us. I'm actually totally fine with that, but Paul wants to go on a day where we won't have to pay, as we've already paid for a passport and have yet to go more than once. So I was a little let down after that, since I'm obviously a child. Haha.

When I got to work, I turned on the little tv while I did my usual morning routine, checking the prices from the previous night to make sure everything was entered correctly. As I finished up, I was walking past the television and reached over to turn it off- and it didn't work. I reached over again... nothing. Come ON! Frustrated (and obviously in the worst mood ever), I reached over quickly to turn it off again and jammed my pinkie finger into the wooden table the tv rests on, managing to filet a bit of skin off my pinkie knuckle. Damn thing burned and bled a bit.

Throughout the day various things bothered me (as now I must seem like the most crotchety person ever), and I was stuck at work until 4:30, doing a 7am-4:30 day is just murder, as there was nothing to do. When I left, I managed to get on the wrong bus, and got off about 5 minutes later when it let me off at the bottom of a steep incline. To get home I had to walk for an hour, up three inclines and over the 405 freeway. When I finally got home, it was almost six and Paul was calling. My head was pounding and I was tired as heck and wanted nothing more than to take a nap. Paul walked in and we got into bed and snuggled for a bit, and I fell asleep until about 6:45. When I woke up I heated up some macaroni and cheese (very gross) and was about to sit down when the ricecooker/steamer/slowcooker wedding gift we got (and have used twice) fell off the counter and broke. That was it. I exploded. I'm ashamed to admit this, but I yelled at Paul since it was because he had precariously balanced it on the counter even though I told him to move it. And now it's broken. Fed up with myself, I took a shower and crawled into bed to read a book- you know, let myself cool off.

I feel a little better this morning, woke up with another pounding headache, but so far I don't hate anyone. Isn't that something we all want in life? No one to hate? :D


Kj said...

i hear you. i hear you. i hear you -- i do.

great post chick :-)

fatafelice said...

I hate days like that. I had one the other day. I think my students were playing "Lets-see-how-much-she-can-take-before-she-completely-snaps."

Fortunately for them, they didn't find out. ;)