Monday, April 28, 2008

Email haunts

One of my favorite things to say is, "Like is like that", when people are complaining about something or another. When I took a look at my sidekick this morning, to glance at the emails I'd received over the night, I had to think "Well, life is like that". It appears the dreaded ex (anyone remember Clueless?) has decided to do his annual "check and see if Amber is willing to have random sex with me" email. Yes, he is aware I am married (although his last haunting was before the wedding happened, so he may just be a complete moron and not be able to count), but I have a feeling he seems to think his impact on my life may be greater than it really was.

Let me explain... A few months after Paul and I reconnected (I really don't like that word), DE (dreaded ex) came back into town from San Francisco where he lives with his son. He asked to meet up with me, and with permission from Paul, I agreed. This man (up to Paul), was my great love. The one that left me heartbroken and just plain broken. Still, every now and then he buzzes around to make sure I'm still dating/engaged/married, and as he said in the recent email "that you're still alive". When he came back into town, we met up, and I made sure I looked crappier than usual- why tempt the man? Ha, I'm so conceited. Actually, I think I was sick, and I really wanted to meet with him for some closure. Some "Oh, what the hell did I see in you?" treatment. What I got was, "Ya know, if you weren't with that other guy, I'd totally ask you to sleep with me". Wow, how can a lady refuse such an offer? I nearly died. How did I let THIS peach go? Perhaps he thought he was being funny (doubt it), or maybe he thought his power over my heart was so great I'd be like, "yes, I will gladly toss away a bright happy future to have one lovely roll in the CAR with a man who refused to commit!"

Needless to say, I told him his chances were slim to none that I would do that, and got out of the car, wishing him well. For some reason, he can't seem to realize I don't want any more contact with him. Despite his cavemanity, and his sleazy tactics, he does hold a place in my heart, and I don't want that around me. I want to live my new life with my husband, and have it be happy and loving. I don't need a guy coming back into my life asking me to invite him to my wedding (for real), or asking me if I'd like to meetup soon.

In case you're wondering, I'm never welcoming, and I'm sure my response to his email is ammo enough to keep him coming back. Still, the last time I responded it was to tell him that I'm happy now, and I have everything I wanted. Which means he's not part of it. Meaning, I DON'T WANT YOU IN MY LIFE ANYMORE. I suppose the right thing to do would be to ignore him, right? It's so hard to resist rubbing in how happy I am, which according to his last email "I've never been treated as well as I was with you", he isn't.

1 comment:

Kj said...

Hey,

I know you know this but I'm going to say it anyway. Don't reply to his emails anymore. No matter what response you give, a guy like this will think its an invitation to anything and he will keep on coming back. Paul is awesome for okaying a meeting with him and all but after this much time has elapsed and you are now married, I don't see the point in keeping communication open. Closure comes when you block his emails and tell him not to contact you anymore. What a sleaze bag -- he clearly has no respect for you. Gosh darn it. YOU are so much better than that -- so glad you have a man like Paul in the house.

Sorry for the rant but it erks me to think of some moron talking to you like this. You are a billion light years ahead of this dude and need to toss him to the curbside.

Love you

K