Thursday, April 24, 2008

Cleaning House

Our landlord is having a termite inspection tomorrow. Which means we've got to hustle to get all our junk together so he doesn't get mad that we store a pizza oven in the closet. Orrr the bread maker. And the electric griddle. We sadly have more storage space in the hall closet than we do say... the kitchen! Anyway, as I set about limping through the house collecting laundry for Paul to do (ha, bum ankle finally has a use!), I put one of my favorite movies of all time on: Knocked Up.

While I'm in the bedroom sorting laundry, I usually put on a movie; Superbad, 40 Year Old Virgin, Knocked Up, maybe a cartoon or something. Anything that will keep me laughing, and doesn't need to be consistently watched, lest I miss a plot turn or something. Anyway, since trying to conceive, I've been inundated with movies and tv shows that focus on babies and pregnancy, all things I'm trying not to think about- because I'm just not sure what's going on with my body right now.

Damn you, Knocked Up- for making me stop laughing at the story and start thinking about how much harder conceiving is for me than it was for them. Oh well, no time for mopey Amber, it's time for Gimpy House Cleaning Amber. I come prepared with spray bottles of Windex and Clorox clean wipes.

No comments: