Wednesday, February 13, 2008


It's been a few weeks (okay, I over-dramatize) since I've posted, and finally the plague has left the Felix home. I am now slightly healthier (this disgusting cough has remained, though), and while a little weaker from being flu-d upon, I can now talk about my doctor visit.

My very kind father gave me a ride to the doctor's office on February 4th, I'd had a long day at work, and hadn't had time to eat anything. I stopped at home, checked Paul's temperature and ate a few chips with dip as a running out the door snack. This would later prove to be a mistake, though. So I get inside the new office, with my dad trailing behind me, and prepare for the wait of the century (seriously I wait for HOURS with this company). Luckily, the wait wasn't too bad, and I was directed into the weight room, where my blood pressure (good) and weight (bad) was taken.

I get seated into an room, waiting for my new doctor. When she finally comes in, I am asked all sorts of questions about me, and we decide I weigh too much. Are you sure?? This couldn't be WHY I came in, right?? Dur. She asks me if I get winded after walking a block or two. Um. I may be overweight, but I'm not like, John GOODMAN. So I tell her no. I'm a vegetarian who walks home, doesn't eat too much crap, and jesus- look at my arms and legs! They're sticks! OBVIOUSLY something isn't right here.

So, she took some blood, and then realized I can't do the cholesterol test because of those three potato chips. Great. I gave so much blood that I was thisclose to passing out. Hm. Those measly three chips were enough to screw up a cholesterol test, but not enough to keep me from wanting to fall on the floor. Interesting. I was given a TB test (I have a fear of always thinking I'm going to fail all tests I take health-wise), and made to take an EKG. My heart looks good, my blood pressure looks good, so what could possibly be wrong with me? No word yet, but I'm very anxious. I worry that it's my thyroid, or diabetes.

I'm having a very hard time waiting for this information. It doesn't help that the voicemail lines were down for the whole week post-doctor visit. Thank you, Verizon.

No comments: