Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Life is What You Make It

Those who know me know that I'm usually optimistic. Sure, I crash every now and then, but mostly I try to be happy. I'm not quite sure why I'm like that, perhaps it's just part of my "baby of the family" role. With only ten days left until our Hawaii trip (and yes, I am VERY excited), I'm anxious with the money issue (our spending whilst there), our scheduling plans, and our poor poor Woofie who will be spending the week with Grandpa. With my dad losing his job, he's had a lot of time on his hands, and I think he's lonely (oooh, Karen, perhaps he can spend some time with you and the kidlets some day?), so Woofie should cheer him up. When we had him watching Woofie for our brief honeymoon in Vegas, he offered to keep him a little longer. Once we took him home, my dad mentioned a few times, "Ya know, it's kind of empty here without the sound of Woofie sneaking around looking for scraps. You don't realize how used to him you get." So, I assume that dad will just fall in love with our little guy all over again. I'm sad to admit that it's a treat for Woofie just as much as it is for dad, this vacation away from mom and dad, as he gets to go to bed later, and get up later.

In the last couple days, I've found out four friends of mine are pregnant. Isn't that a shock? Yes, I love the idea of being Auntie Amber, but I so long to be "Mommy". So it's slightly disheartening to hear about these ladies who weren't planning, but somehow got pregnant, while I'm waking up at 6am every morning to check my temps, and plan my life around what could possibly happen. I'm being selfish, but I just want it so badly.

On other news, Paul has already asked for Halloween off. He plans on using the day as an anniversary trip to Disneyland. :) We had a great time there a few years back on Halloween, and this year it should be great.

Anyway, that's it for now.

2 comments:

L I S A said...

Amber - I've been meaning to ask if you want my copy of 'Taking Charge of Your Fertility' by Toni Weschler. You might already have it?

Yay to Hawaii! You'll have a blast and don't forget to relax!

lisa

Elizabeth said...

Just keep looking forward to Hawaii! It is going to be magical for you guys!

And you know, maybe your dad needs a 'Woofie' of his own?