Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ahhh, more doctor visits in my future

Here I am, a few days past the doctor's appointment. On his orders I am now to take 4 advil and 2 tylenol every eight hours- while it sounds like a lot, he said, it's a prescriptive amount and fine. Also on his orders, I have been given a form to take to the x-ray imaging place to have an x-ray on my ankle done. He's concerned about the swelling, and since I had told him I actually sprained it last month- I'm sure he'd be more worried to find out I actually sprained it three months ago. Should the x-ray be negative for a fracture or break (funny how that works out- negative in the medical world is GOOD, but in the everyday world BAD!), I'll have to have an MRI done should the swelling persist.

As it's been three months now with it still swollen, I have a feeling I may need that MRI. I'm not too happy about that, because should the MRI catch something tendon-related, I would have to have surgery. So that's upsetting.

Still, it's a good thing I'm not actually pregnant, since I'm sure all these meds and radiation can't be too good for a fetus. Hopefully it really is a fracture!

No comments: